Re: [platform-dev] MacOS .dmg vs .tar.gz

Hi,

From the platform point of view, we are planning to stop producing tar.gz. We were using tar.gz for our tests. Recently we moved to use dmg. So not useful for us anymore.

You can achieve copying of eclipse to desired location using the following snippet(while using dmg)

  hdiutil attach eclipse-SDK-*.dmg

  cp -r /Volumes/Eclipse/Eclipse.app <desired Location>/.

  hdiutil detach /Volumes/Eclipse

I hope this helps in using dmg in scripts also

Thanks

Sravan