Re: [platform-dev] Marking nested projects as derived, what are the risks?

Hello,

-1 for setting derived=true for nested resources as consequences are unpredictable.

There is a set of API calls like:
IWorkspaceRoot.findContainersForLocationURI(URI)
IWorkspaceRoot.findFilesForLocationURI(URI)

I'm using it for complex IDE scenarios to understand about possible resource duplication and I believe they may be used to implement UI filtering for nested resources as well.

Regards,
AF