[platform-dev] Saying Goodbye To SWT

Hello everyone,

I have some rather bittersweet news to share: as of this Wednesday I will no longer be working on the Eclipse/SWT team at Red Hat. I haven't left the company, but I will be moving to a new group where I'll be working on Eclipse Che (specifically Che plugins).

SWT was my first journey into professional software development, as was the Eclipse team at Red Hat. I have learned a lot over the years, and I hold very dear the experiences I have had. I'd also like to thank all of you who make SWT and the Eclipse community great -- there are some seriously talented people working on the Eclipse Platform, and I believe it is better off because of it. It's been an honour to work with all of you, and I have full confidence that SWT (and the Eclipse IDE in general) will continue to flourish in the future.

I'll be finishing up some Gerrits in the coming days, as well as unassigning myself from bugs. I'll keep an ear out for things that I can respond to quickly, and I'll still be keeping my commit rights. Other than that I'll be officially starting my new duties as of Wednesday December 18th.

I've really enjoyed my time here, and I wish you all the best. Don't be strangers!

Eric

Back to the top