Re: [platform-dev] [SWT] Bugzilla etiquette question

Whether you first create the bug report and then reassign or whether you first assign to you and then cc the default assignee is a personal choice (I prefer the former, because I don't always know the default assignee, and I don't want to add it manually). However, the default assignee should always be involved because otherwise interested parties can't be informed about the new bug report.

Dani

From:        Eric Williams <ericwill@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        18.06.2019 14:07
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [platform-dev] [SWT] Bugzilla etiquette question
Sent by:        platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 6/18/19 7:22 AM, Nikita Nemkin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I create a bug assigned to myself, should I CC platform-swt-inbox?
> Or the affected port maintainers? Or nobody at all?

Usually what I do is create the bug with the default assignee
(platform-swt-inbox), and then assign myself the bug immediately after
that. This way the maintainers/interested parties are aware of the work,
and also that I intend to work on it.

Sometimes if it's something trivial/obscure, then I'll just assign it to
myself directly to spare everyone the noise.

IMO it boils down to personal preference.

--
Eric Williams
Software Engineer - Eclipse/SWT Team