Re: [platform-dev] Impact of Windows Defender and Eclipse startup

Unfortunately a no-go.  Gave it a try and despite taking 1.5 minutes to run the command line, it still took the full first scan after running the exe that had already been scanned.

It seems we'd need some guidance from Microsoft in how to get some/all of Eclipse whitelisted in their Security Intelligence.  Perhaps at least major releases can have their Jars registered...

C:\Users\tim>"%programfiles%\Windows Defender\mpcmdrun" -AddDynamicSignature ...
You need administrator privilege to execute this command.

Perhaps there is a way we can register the signature and have the Eclipse Installer ask the user for permissions to invoke registering the Eclipse Signature as an approved certificate?

Tim