[platform-dev] Removing standard menus and toolbar icons

Title: Removing standard menus and toolbar icons

I am fairly new to eclipse. I am evaluating the use of eclipse for a generic UI framework that is not necessarily related to code generation.

Eclipse is very flexible and adding functionality seems straightforward. I can still use the project concept for what I need but there are things in the Workbench window that I don't want. For example the Open perspective icon, or some of the menus, like the Windows and project menu .

I understand that by using retargetable actions I can have my view taking over most of the actions, but I could not figure out how to block the core plug-in to put their own actions. In the workbench plug-in (org.eclipse.ui)  I could not find where menus are defined and where actionsviews for all generic toolbars are defined.

How do I do this?
Can this be done?
Is anybody using eclipse as a generic UI framework?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Daniel Nehren

Back to the top