Re: [platform-debug-dev] Debug options.

The answer is "yes and no". First the "yes" part of the answer:

The "Java debug plug-in" (org.eclipse.jdt.debug) provides API to support the setting of breakpoints in JSPs. The breakpoints are known as "pattern breakpoints". Pattern breakpoints are designed to support the setting of breakpoints in .class files that were derived from non-Java source, translated to Java, and then compiled to .class files (i.e. not just JSPs). Pattern breakpoints are associated with the original non-Java source, and the client that creates the breakpoint specifies the pattern of the class name that will be loaded at runtime (we support pattern matching). We require the debug attributes in the runtime .class file to point back to the original non-Java source (line numbers, and source file name).

Thus, there is support for JSP breakpoints, at the API level. Now, the "no" part of the answer:

Eclipse, as it ships, does not support the setting of breakpoints in JSPs (i.e. does not have a UI for it) and does not have a source locator that can locate source associated with JSPs. I.e. "Java tooling" does not include JSP tooling. WSAD provides this support (based on the 1.0 Eclipse).

Darin

"N V S Rama Krishna" <ram_kri@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/26/2001 04:06 PM