Re: [photran] How to install SDM executable

Hi Brian,
Yes the tutorial slides don't say anything about setting up the remote cluster because we did that for you in the tutorial. :)

However the tutorial setup page points you to how to do it yourself:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/tutorials/SC11

You might also want to follow the ptp-user mailing list, similar discussions happen there esp. w/r/t debugger.

So, you will need to (outline here; details in link above)
(1) download the ptp-proxy-5.0.x-xxx.zip file
(2) unzip it and build appropriate e.g. macosx version on your mac
(3) upload it to remote cluster and build appropriate platform version (aix) there
(4) each machine should then have an 'sdm' in the bin directory under the proxy platform directory that you can put in the debug configuration dialog.

Hope this helps.  Let us know how you fare.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Brian Bonnlander ---11/30/2011 07:59:40 PM---Hello, I'm new to the mailing list and apologize if thisBrian Bonnlander ---11/30/2011 07:59:40 PM---Hello, I'm new to the mailing list and apologize if this has been covered, but I haven't found the a

Brian Bonnlander <bonnland@xxxxxxxx>

11/30/2011 07:59 PM

[photran] How to install SDM executable

    Sent by:

photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I'm new to the mailing list and apologize if this has been covered, but I haven't found the answer in the faq or help notes.

I'm trying to run a parallel debug session on an MPI-enabled Fortran program using the latest versions of PTP under indigo.   I've followed the steps given in the SuperComputing 2011 Tutorial for getting the latest versions of the PTP-related software updates.   But when I try to create a parallel debug configuration, there is no SDM executable in the plugins directory.   What steps do I follow to install the executable?   I would like to debug both on my local machine (OS-X) and remotely on an IBM mainframe running AIX.

Thanks in advance,

--Brian