From: photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Schneider
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 8:33 AM
To: Photran Information
Subject: [photran] Debugging question

Hi there,

I have another newbie question about debugging. I have my stuff running
under Ubuntu 8.04 with Eclipse 3.4.1, Photran 4.0.5 and Intel Fortran
Compiler 11. I am able to import my source code, build the project and
run it perfectly. I am also able to set breakpoints and run the
debugger. My problem however is in the debugger, I am unable to see the
variables. When the breakpoint is reached, the program stops as
expected. However, in the debugger view, a new pane (3 main()
0x080449d10) is opened in the editor which has the following info:

No source available for "main() "

and a View Dissassembly button.

In the variables pane, there is nothing listed. When I click on the
select global variables button, I get a long list of variables, some of
which I can understand (subRoutineName_varName), but most I don't
recongize. More over, when I select the ones I do recongize, there are
no values, even if they have been initialized and 'played' with. This
occurs no matter how I set up the Fortran project (Executable - Empty
project, Executable (Inter(R) Fortran), Makefile project - Empty
project) or the thread level which is selected in the debug pane.

Any help would be much appreciated since the debugger was the main
reason for me trying out Photran...

Robert