[photran] Debugging question

Hi there,

I have another newbie question about debugging. I have my stuff running under Ubuntu 8.04 with Eclipse 3.4.1, Photran 4.0.5 and Intel Fortran Compiler 11. I am able to import my source code, build the project and run it perfectly. I am also able to set breakpoints and run the debugger. My problem however is in the debugger, I am unable to see the variables. When the breakpoint is reached, the program stops as expected. However, in the debugger view, a new pane (3 main() 0x080449d10) is opened in the editor which has the following info:

No source available for "main() "

and a View Dissassembly button.

In the variables pane, there is nothing listed. When I click on the select global variables button, I get a long list of variables, some of which I can understand (subRoutineName_varName), but most I don't recongize. More over, when I select the ones I do recongize, there are no values, even if they have been initialized and 'played' with. This occurs no matter how I set up the Fortran project (Executable - Empty project, Executable (Inter(R) Fortran), Makefile project - Empty project) or the thread level which is selected in the debug pane.

Any help would be much appreciated since the debugger was the main reason for me trying out Photran...

Robert

Back to the top