RE: [photran] Newbie question on makefiles and configuration

If you initialize the ifort environment before starting eclipse it should work o.k.  Do you use the ifortvars.sh provided with the Intel compiler kit to do the environment initialization?

Bill Hilliard

-----Original Message-----
From: photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Schneider
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 3:17 PM
To: photran@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [photran] Newbie question on makefiles and configuration

Hi there,

I am new to the great world of Fortran within Eclipse and am having some
problems configuring Photran. I have created a sample project and made a
simple makefile for it. Here is the code in the makefile:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

# define make variables
objects = a.o b.o c.o

# define compiler
fort = ifort

#   make file

all: test

test: $(objects)
   $(fort) -o test $(objects)

a.o: a.for
   $(fort) -c -g a.for
  b.o: b.for
   $(fort) -c -g b.for

c.o: c.for
   $(fort) -c -g c.for

# Clean objects
clean:
   rm $(objects)
   rm test
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

When I try to build the project within Photran, I get the message:

make all
ifort -c -g a.for
make: ifort: Command not found
make: *** [a.o] Error 127

which leads me to believe that I am missing something in the
configuration of the project which says to use the Intel Fortran
Compiler. The makefile works perfectly from the bash on my Ubuntu box,
where I configured the environmental variables to include the Compiler
sources upon login.

Would someone be kind enough to help me out ?

Thanks in advance.

Robert