[pdt-dev] "The server does not support version 7.4 of the PHP Project specification."

I was exploring PDT's built-in server running features because I usually run at least one or two instances of a built-in server, whether it's the one started by Laravel's `artisan serve` command or the PHP command-line's one via `-S`.  However, after configuring my runtime based on the PHP executable that comes with Fedora (PHP 7.4.6) I got the following message when I attempted to add a new server:

"The server does not support version 7.4 of the PHP Project specification."

Someone had this same error message about one month ago and posted on the Eclipse subreddit (found via searching):

https://www.reddit.com/r/eclipse/comments/gcobmx/the_server_does_not_support_version_74_of_the_php/

Can someone help me through this issue and how I can get this working, if at all?  Thanks!

Back to the top