Re: [pdt-dev] Ambitious composer plans

I started a wiki-page to collect everything about this project:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/PDT/Composer_Migration

Feel free to contribute.

gossi

Am 22.09.15 um 14:49 schrieb Thomas Gossmann:
Hey guys,

I write a blog post about the composer plans [1] that Robert and me
discovered when we initially created the plugin and also talks about
merging this into PDT. So, despite having the idea of merging composer
into PDT, it is much more interessting to get the original idea of the
composer plugin. Especially since it has a lot potential for PDT.

I unfortunately had to cancel the GSOC project even before it was
submitted. Yet next summer still may be an opportunity for this
(depending on how fast I finish).

Nevertheless, merging composer into PDT is a huge effort and there are a
lot of challenges ahead (which I address in my post). It is also way
more than just refactoring the appropriate package names. I assume the
workload for one person to be 3 month (likely higher).

This thread should be used to think about the options we have, what
needs to be prepared (and how) and probably create a strategy merging this.

[1] http://gos.si/blog/pdt-and-composer-a-visionary-concept

gossi