Plan looks good. Gossi?
Problem are not library dependencies. Composer plugin use code from other projects:
1. Provide metadata for class/interface wizard, so probably should be moved to PDT
2. Require E4, fortunately we decide to keep api compatibility with previous eclipse release only
3. Use JSON editor from outside eclipse, JSON-WTP is still in CQ phase
4. Is based on Robert Composer Java Bindings. This library probably also should be moved to PDT and released in eclipse maven repository.
Maybe we should resurrect pdt.incubator ?
BTW, I also think that at least two most active commiters should be invited to PDT team.
+48 795 996 064
On 7 October 2015 at 08:12:15, Kaloyan Raev (kaloyan.r@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
I think we need to build a plan and start executing it. How
1. Open CQs with code contributions to PDT. This may be
quite a heavy step. As far as I understand, the PEX Composer has a
lot of dependencies. We need to clarify what gets contributed to
PDT and what is removed as dependency. We (Zend) can also
contribute via CQ our Composer plugin from Zend Studio. Once we
have the code of both PEX and Zend Composer plugins under EPL and
IP-verified we can start thinking how to merge them in the ultimate
PDT Composer plugin.
2. Agree and implement a common Core API part for both PEX
Composer and Zend Composer plugins. The goal is that we have all
plugins depending on Composer (like the Symfony plugin from PEX and
the Apigility plugin from Zend Studio) to use a common Composer
3. Start merging the UI.
What do you think?
pdt-dev mailing list
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit