Re: [paho-dev] Python - dropping support for 2.7

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your perspective. I'm not desperate to remove support, it
won't make a great deal of difference in the code itself - but there
is no effort to provide support for 2.7 so it's more likely to break.
If it is going to be an issue removing I'm happy to leave it longer.

> > Perhaps it should be called version 2.0 to celebrate the breaking
> > change.
>
> I am disinclined to to have a big bump for that.  To me, dropping 2.7 is
> appropriate when either it's too painful to keep it or we believe
> ~nobody will notice or care.

That seems like a good way of looking at it.

Regards,

Roger

Back to the top