[paho-dev] Documentation update

Also when I run the example with python3 my published payload has a "b" prefix when it's converted to str()

I seem to need to use

print(msg.topic + " " + msg.payload.decode("utf-8"))

Cheers,

Alex

Hi folks,

Just grabbed some example source for an MQtt client and had some minor problems.

This came up -

https://www.eclipse.org/paho/index.php?page=clients/python/index.php

I'm told mqtt.eclipse.org should really be mqtt.eclipseprojects.io now

More importantly when I use paho-mqtt 1.5.1 this breaks as the callback has apparently changed

"TypeError: on_connect() takes 3 positional arguments but 4 were given"

So then I found this -

https://www.eclipse.org/paho/index.php?page=clients/python/docs/index.php

This takes the right number of args in the example and works.

Just thought I'd let you know!

Cheers,

Alex

Back to the top