Re: [paho-dev] mqttv5 enhanced authentication with paho

ok, I understand. Will it be released soon, or it is not planned yet?

At the moment I'm using the latest version of mosquitto as a broker, it claims to have complete MQTTv5 support. I saw in the source code that the code to handle AUTH packets is present, but I wasn't able to make it work.

>From the MQTTv5 specifications I found the following information:

·         Client to Server: CONNECT Authentication Method="SCRAM-SHA-1" Authentication Data=""

·         Server to Client: AUTH rc=0x18 Authentication Method="SCRAM-SHA-1" Authentication Data="">

·         Client to Server AUTH rc=0x18 Authentication Method="SCRAM-SHA-1" Authentication Data="">

·         Server to Client CONNACK rc=0 Authentication Method="SCRAM-SHA-1" Authentication Data="">

So I've tried to test it in mosquitto, but it doesn't recognize the authentication method (neither with GS2-KRB5):
$> mosquitto_pub -V 5 -t 'test' -m 'ok' -D CONNECT authentication-method SCRAM-SHA-1
Connection error: Bad authentication method
Error: A network protocol error occurred when communicating with the broker.

The only broker that I've found which clearly claims to support MQTTv5 enhance authentication is HiveMQ, but I didn't test it yet since I don't have a working client with that feature.

Thank you.