[paho-dev] mqttv5 enhanced authentication with paho

Hi everyone,

I'm currently developing an MQTT application, but I'm not able to find a way to implement the enhanced authentication mechanism of MQTT v5.

Some context: I'm using the latest version of mosquitto as broker, and paho in python as client, with the following syntax to connect the client:

client = mqtt.Client("client1".encode("utf-8"), protocol=mqtt.MQTTv5)
callback = Callbacks()
callback.register(client)
client.connect("127.0.0.1", port=1883, keepalive=60)

The desired result is to use the AUTH packets among the CONNECT and CONNACK messages to perform a mutual authentication between the client and the broker, but from the paho documentation I'm not able to find anything about it.
Do you know if it is possible? If so do you have a reference for it?

Thank you in advance.

Back to the top