Re: [paho-dev] controing generated persistent messages

(repost because the subject was a mistaken post of message content... sorry about that.)

An easier answer to this question is to allow application control over acknowledgements.  I come from AMQP... and use explicit acks over there.
You only acknowledge messages when you know processing is done...
I have a pull request to add explicit ack mode to the python-paho library here:

https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.python/pull/554

23 days so far with no response...  feedback welcome.

fwiw, the lack of this kind of user control of acks is really crippling for a lot of use cases.