Re: [paho-dev] Paho C and C++ build systems

Ian Craggs <icraggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> That sounds good Frank.  I'm no expert in CMake either.
>
> A big concern of mine is that we make sure the Conan packaging still
> works - that mainly depends on the input CMake parameters and the
> packaging.  I've spent some time recently getting that into a good
> shape for the C client (I am going to look at it for the C++ client
> too).

I am not familiar with Conan, but almost always packaging systems can
cope with a standard-interface build system.   I would expect pkgsrc to
ask for the same things: pass prefix, install in standard locations
within prefix, etc.   Generally I look at any contortions/patches needed
in a build system to make it package as bugs in the build system.