Re: [paho-dev] Paho Java client on vert.x

Hi Craggs,
I find your view interesting and would to collaborate with you, do let me know what next steps to take.

cheers,
Morrison Idiasirue

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 12:41 PM Ian Craggs <icraggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just to say that I've been playing around with re-implementing the core
of the Java client on Vert.x, keeping the external API the same.  I have
some of the very basic tests working.  I'm thinking about putting the
project into a Paho incubator repo.

The motivation?  Every time I've had to work on the Java client, I've
found the threading model and class interactions to be over complicated
and prone to implementation error.  There are several threads started
for every client object created, more than should be needed.  In looking
at the issues that I would like to fix for the 1.3 release:

https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.java/milestone/2

some of which are threading issues, I thought it might be easier to
rewrite.   Or at least easier to maintain in the long run, while
improving performance and hopefully reliability.

Now, I've done the first bit of Vert.x implementation, I probably ought
to finish off the existing 1.3 release first.  Part of me is wondering
just how long it would take to complete the Vert.x port though :-)

If anyone is interested in collaborating, let me know.

--
Ian Craggs
icraggs@xxxxxxxxxx                 IBM United Kingdom