Re: [paho-dev] [iot-wg] Future Requirements and Releases of Paho

Ian,

Thank you for starting this discussion. I think the timing is good.

Some suggestions/questions about future Paho requirements:
- I am assuming the MQTT specification will evolve over the next couple of
years. Would it make sense to start an incubator to try out some new ideas
for the spec? Developers could contribute code that implements these ideas
and this would help the MQTT TC in the evolution of the spec.
- Is MQTT-SN implemented in Paho? If not is this a potential future
requirement.
- I'd like to see a focus on creating tools to test/debug/deploy MQTT apps.
Tools like MQTTLens I think will be critical to the adoption of MQTT. Could
Paho be the home to these types of tools.

For the MARS release train, I think Paho would be a natural fit. Having
stable, mature code that is updated on a regular basis is what our community
will need for long term use. I also hope that we have other IoT project
participate in Mars, so we can start thinking about an IoT package. This
certainly should be a topic for future IoT WG meetings.

I hope this helps.
Ian