Re: [paho-dev] MQTT C asynchronous token

Hi Frank,

the asynchronous mode of the synchronous client (we should find some more terms :-) does not behave the same way as the asynchronous client apart from the connect/disconnect callbacks.  The publish calls still block until the publish packet has been written to the wire, and you can't make other API calls in the callbacks (apart from connect in connectionLost).  It is still a bit more synchronous than the asynchronous API.  I've tried to explain more here: http://modelbasedtesting.co.uk/?p=4.

The async C API is different to the Java API in that it allows more messages to be queued, and blocks less.  This is a reason for the differences.  It may be possible to do what you need, but I'll have to think about it.   Raising a bug would be useful.

Ian