Re: [paho-dev] Building the C++ API/samples

I am very interested in getting or building MQTT client(s) for embedded OSes such as FreeRTOS and mbed as we are getting inquiries about such environments. Some applications require the client libraries to be as small as they can be, as well as support for various non-Posix system libraries.

I was thinking about having a separate codebase in Paho for such environments with:

a) some sort of pluggable lower layer so it was easy to port to different networking and other system libraries b) a simple threading model, say one thread per client object, as simplicity is top priority c) still using standard C, for maximum portability and small size (is that still a benefit?)

What do you think?  Is that a good approach?

Ian