Re: [paho-dev] On Paho's opinionated URI validation

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM, Michael Klishin
<michael.s.klishin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2013/11/12 Roger Light <roger@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> How about smqtt?
>

> Ask a random programmer
> what "mqtts" means and, as long as she knows what mqtt is, likely the answer
> will be
> "mqtt with TLS", by analogy with https, amqps and so on.
>
> It's unlikely that many will be able to guess "smqtt".

If they know what mqtt is, they will probably ask whether you mean
mqtt with TLS or mqtt-s.

It's been pointed out to me that it is registered at IANA as
secure-mqtt so that should be the correct usage for DNS SRV. By that
measure we should be using ibm-mqisdp instead of mqtt of course...

Cheers,

Roger

Back to the top