Re: [paho-dev] Message loss with higher load - eclipse paho mqtt client

Hi Dave,

Please my answers inline.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Dave Locke <locke@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Would not expect to miss messages

A few questions:
Which client is being used - C, Java or _javascript_ ?
Java client

What QOS are the messages published at?

QOS is 1

Is the client connecting with cleansession set to true or false?

I am getting high number of messages when clients are getting disconnect. I have set a will. So this message will publish by the server when client disconnect.

Which MQTT server is being used?

Mosquitto

Is it the publishing client also the subscribing client or are they two separate clients ?

Subscribing client is a separate one.

Is there any patten to the missing messages e.g. the last 100... ?

I am getting high load from the beginning, so first first 120 messages will be lost.

Thanks,
Kasun.

Probably simplest way to handle this is to raise a bug on the paho bugzilla.

All the best
Dave