I have been attempting to follow these instructions:

http://mobilave.info/blog/2012/Quick_start_guide_for_the_Eclipse_Paho_Plug-in.html

Here are the steps I have taken and their results:

#1 - Downloaded and installed Eclipse

#2 - Downloaded MQTT Application Framework via:

git clone git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/paho/org.eclipse.paho.esf.git

#3 - Followed this step - pointed to the just download Framework

---Building (Paragraph 1)
'Run Eclipse.
Open "File" -> "Import ..." -> "General" -> "Existing Projects into Workspace".
Select "Select root directory" and specify path to org.eclipse.paho.esf/org.eclipse.paho.client.eclipse.view directory. In "Projects" choose org.eclipse.paho.client.eclipse.view.'

This results in 2 errors:

'Description Resource Path Location Type
Project 'org.eclipse.paho.client.eclipse.view' is missing required Java project: 'org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3' org.eclipse.paho.client.eclipse.view Build path Build Path Problem'

and

'Description Resource Path Location Type
The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved org.eclipse.paho.client.eclipse.view Unknown Java Problem'

I expected that due to this:

---Building

'When import finishes there will be compilation errors that's because plug-in depends on org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3 library. To fix them this library needs to be imported into plug-in project root directory and added to the classpath.'

#4 - Downloaded the pre-built JAR file as you suggested:

As of today, it was this file:

mqtt-client-0.4.1-20130924.110047-6.jar

#5 - Followed this step (using the actual name of the JAR file of course):

---Building (Paragraph 2)
'In Eclipse open "Package Explorer" view.
Right click on org.eclipse.paho.client.eclipse.view project, then choose "Import" -> "General" -> "File System" and provide path to the org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.jar.'

Same two errors are still present

#6 This next step is where I am stuck:

---Building (Paragraph 3)
'Classpath should be changed through "Plug-in Manifest Editor" view.

In "Package Explorer" view under org.eclipse.paho.client.eclipse.view project find plugin.xml and open it.
Open "Runtime" tab and remove "org.eclipse.paho.client.eclipse.view" from "Classpath".'

I found the plugin.xml file easily enough and opened it via Eclipse.
Not sure if I opened it correctly, I just right clicked on it - and selected "Open"
It then displays a hierarchy view:

extension -> point

category -> id
category -> name

view -> id
view -> name
view -> category
view -> class
view -> icon

I am NOT seeing a "Runtime" tab anywhere - so I can't perform the modification to Classpath...

So - that is where I'm now stuck.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

If it matters - I'm using this version of Eclips:   eclipse-java-juno-SR1-macosx-cocoa-x86_64.tar.gz

Jim