[paho-dev] ?????? How to receive a "last will" message

Thxs Darren  , How to make "last will" trigger , I have tried a lot : disuse the network of subscriber , make a exception , run System.exit(1) or just terminate the subscriber .

??????: "Darren Clark"<dclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
??????: "General development discussions for paho project"<paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
????: Re: [paho-dev] How to receive a "last will" message

Not sure if it's the same, probably depends on the client and where the exception happens, but  I was a bit confused at first about LWT. It is a message posted by the broker when it sees the client disconnect unexpectedly, not just any disconnect.

So if the exception handling on the client causes it to send a disconnect message to the broker then the LWT won't be sent. It will only be sent if the socket is dropped or some other scenario without a valid disconnect being sent.

-D