Re: [paho-dev] Paho proposals for Eclipse -> Google Summer of Code project

Getting node.js and the Orion node.js server to run on your Raspberry Pi is so easy, even I’ve managed to get it working :) I need to write that up on a wiki somewhere.

This blog post[1] may be an interesting place to start when thinking of a node.js + web interface for MQTT. I know I’ve got it bookmarked for a try when I have some free time. But in retrospect, there is a very important piece missing, which is a node.js server-side implementation for MQTT. What is described in that blog post is a little different.

[1] http://blog.hekkers.net/2012/10/13/realtime-data-with-mqtt-node-js-mqtt-js-and-socket-io/

P.S. To be super-clear, my playing around with this stuff has nothing to do with my day job at the Eclipse Foundation. Please don’t mistake my enthusiasm for these gadgets as any particular signal from the management there :)

Mike Milinkovich

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

+1.613.220.3223