Re: [paho-dev] Incorporating MQTT Lua client library into Eclipse Paho / Koneki ?

hi Mike,

On 2012-04-13 12:25 , Mike Milinkovich wrote:
> Paho is licensed under the Eclipse Public License. There is a _chance_ that in the future it may also be dual-licensed under both the EPL and the BSD. Are those licensing scenarios acceptable to you ?

Currently, the MQTT Lua client is licensed as AGPLv3.  I would like to
continue to offer that license ... so, that my code can be used in other
GPL licensed applications / libraries (given that the EPL and GPL are
not compatible).

I've read the EPL and it's FAQ ... and I'm willing to dual-license the
code as both AGPLv3 and EPL 1.0.  As soon as you like.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Which BSD license (original, new / modified, simplified / FreeBSD) ?

I have a little dis-comfortable with the very permissive BSD license ...
since I have a preference for copy-left (as a default).  I understand
and appreciate the advantages of a permissive open-source license.  If
there is a case that requires those advantages ... and they out-weight
the loss of copy-left protection, then that could be considered.

Under what circumstances would you anticipate that a BSD license is
required for code under the Paho / Koneki umbrella ?

--
-O-  cheers  =  /\ /\/ /) `/ =
--O                           --  http://www.geekscape.org     --

Back to the top