Re: [p2-dev] what variable should i use to run some native touch point actions on the feature that is just installed?

On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 at 17:33, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 5:03 PM Johan Compagner <jcompagner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On the plugin itself i think i can't say that.. is there another place?

You can say it on the bundle directly with `Eclipse-BundleShape: dir` in MANIFEST.MF

  Yes figured that out.

I am testing now how it goes if you install eclipse in a read only dir..
Then in my home dir a .eclipse dir is created
And if i install it then yes my feature and plugin are popping up there.
Then of course it couldn't also update the ini file and then in the dir:

.eclipse\org.eclipse.platform_4.13.0_396182393_win32_win32_x86_64\configuration

i have there a eclipse.ini.ignored with the right -vm thing...

But i guess that ignored says enough ;)

Its really ignored.

So that would mean if somebody installs it in a readonly location that has already a jvm shipped with it.
Then if a update is send in that also has a new jvm plugin, then that installed correctly but it won't be used...

So i guess any touchpoint code that alters the ini file all have no effect when it can't update the ini file right besides the exe?

I wonder if the exe file can't also look into that other dir ?

Back to the top