Re: [p2-dev] platform IU ranges in a product definition

In your product, feel free to do whatever you wish. I'm not sure if the product editor supports version ranges or not.

However, a few Eclipse components specified ranges for 'include' dependencies a few years ago and this lead to a number of problems.  Namely, there is no rhyme or reason to what you will get, that is, you will just get the flavour of the week. The automated tests will run against some (random) configuration of software, and your users will get another (different) configuration. It all depends what IUs happen to be around at that point in time.

Just in your example below, would it be ok if the launchers didn't match the version of platform? Will that work?

Cheers,
Ian