Re: [p2-dev] Pack200 and Canonical Descriptor Issue

Hi Marcus,
I'm fairly certain that the p2 tooling isn't the culprit. The publisher will keep the artifact.xml (or .jar) consistent with the actual content of the site. It sounds to me like the builder in this case just removes the canonical jars without updating the descriptor index. It relies on the p2 default "fallback to canonical" mechanism.

A well behaved builder will instead access the IArtifactRepository through it's api and remove the artifacts that way (I recently wrote the code for that in Buckminster so give me a ping if you're interested).

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren