Re: [p2-dev] Match/Context naming

In SQL we have the various aggregate functions.

Perhaps:
MatchQuery
AggregateQuery

Inactive hide details for Susan Franklin McCourt ---02/23/2010 06:30:24 PM---I don't have a good alternate suggestion, but maybSusan Franklin McCourt ---02/23/2010 06:30:24 PM---I don't have a good alternate suggestion, but maybe this will trigger someone else to a better idea.

Susan Franklin McCourt <susan_franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>

02/23/2010 06:30 PM

Re: [p2-dev] Match/Context naming

Sent by:

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I don't have a good alternate suggestion, but maybe this will trigger someone else to a better idea.
I think of a context query as one where the ability for something to "match" the query is "relative" to the other items being iterated.
Whereas the match query has the property that something that "matches" the query will always match the query, regardless of the other items involved.

MatchQuery
RelativeMatchQuery

???

susan