Re: [p2-dev] pre-populating sites list

Hey Scott,

This doesn't work because plugin_customization.ini is for instance preferences, but repositories are stored in the configuration preference scope (eclipse/configuration/.settings). There is no equivalent mechanism for priming configuration scope preferences. The only technique I know of, which is what we did with the platform, is to manually slam the preference files at install-time (or have code at runtime that calls the p2 APIs to add the repositories). In 3.5 we have an "add repository" touchpoint instruction that can be used to add repositories to a profile from a product, feature, or bundle, but this isn't available in 3.4.x.

John

Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/04/2009 08:40 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[p2-dev] pre-populating sites list

Hi Folks,

I have an rcp app that I'm p2 enabling, and I would like to pre-populate
the sites list with several of my own (like Eclipse 3.4 does with
Ganymede sites).  BTW...this is with 3.4.1 as target platform.

I already have a plugin_customization.ini file with contents below.
Although I see the effect on the created product of the other
preferences (e.g. the org.eclipse.ui/SHOW_PROGRESS_ON_STARTUP is having
the desired effect), I'm not seeing the repositories appear in the list
of sites.  Are the preference ids below correct?  Is something else
obviously wrong?  Do I need more/other preferences?

Thanksinadvance,

Scott

org.eclipse.ui/SHOW_PROGRESS_ON_STARTUP = true
org.eclipse.ui/defaultPerspectiveId = com.slewis.myapp.editor.perspective
org.eclipse.ui/DOCK_PERSPECTIVE_BAR = topRight
org.eclipse.ui/SHOW_TRADITIONAL_STYLE_TABS=false
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository/repositories/http\:__slewis.com/url=""> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository/repositories/http\:__slewis.com/name=Slewis
Updates
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository/repositories/http\:__slewis.com/url=""> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository/repositories/http\:__slewis.com/name=Slewis
Updates