Re: [orion-dev] Introduction and question getting the source bundles for orion server dependencies

Hey Anthony,

It's great to have you aboard!

As you've figured out, we do not currently build an Orion SDK style build which might become increasingly important for integrators. So... at the moment if you want the source for the 3rd party bundles you could fetch them from the Orbit project source repos in CVS which is a bit painful.

Here's what I do...
The Java-based Orion server is basically a headless RCP and so for most part you can "Import" the 3rd party plugins you need as source projects from an Eclipse Platform SDK. Orion is currently using Kepler RC1 so you should use that for dependencies.
-Simon

Inactive hide details for Anthony Hunter---05/22/2013 03:09:58 PM---Hi Team, I would like to introduce myself as a new participAnthony Hunter---05/22/2013 03:09:58 PM---Hi Team, I would like to introduce myself as a new participant on the Orion

Anthony Hunter/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,

05/22/2013 03:09 PM

[orion-dev] Introduction and question getting the source bundles for orion server dependencies

    Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Team,

I would like to introduce myself as a new participant on the Orion Project. I have joined the team of Orion developers here in Kanata, Ontario, Canada. Some of you may recognize me from my Eclipse background on various modeling projects like GMF and GEF, but most of my time the last few years have been spent on various products at IBM Rational Software.

I have a question about setting up a development environment for debugging the Orion server. I was able to follow
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Getting_the_source#Local_computer_with_Eclipse_IDE and get a local self host with the client and server code running on my Linux machine, but I am having a problem getting the source bundles for the dependencies (the jetty source, javax.* source, org.apache.* source, etc, etc.). Is there an easy way to get the source bundles for all the dependencies?

Cheers...
Anthony