[orion-dev] AMD + UI = Wrong Combination

Hi,

For me, your only mistake is within the wrong argument that JavaEE has nothing to offer to you and that the story of Eclipse in the Cloud cannot be written within it. We are definitely the only community from which you can expect a help and a lot of adoption, of course if you can target us from what we know the most (abstractions). You should also know that we are very reluctant to use _javascript_. If we don't even care about Project Nashorn, how could we ever do it for Node.js?

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashorn_(_javascript__engine)

I have learned what an AMD module does mean only when I had the requirement to integrate your editor into my application. And it was really a big pain and the answer of how to do it, did come to me only after having downloaded the Scripted project. But now, for any JavaEE developer, this pain is over since with just one tag in their web pages,

<c:fileEditor folder="myFolder"/>

 they will be able to use the Orion editor, these lovely wysiwyg editors below

2) http://www.jquery4u.com/plugins/html5-wysiwyg/

and even my new css3 gallery to view their images without a knowledge of how things are working and without even writing a single line of html, css, _javascript_.

3)http://youcontrol.lamine.cloudbees.net/faces/admin/editors/edit.xhtml?id=CSS3Gallery

A key player in this area is the one who knows how to best embrace the existing communities by bringing innovation without really innovating. And the concept of a "_javascript_ Library independence" could be also a big mistake for you. At the very beginning of my vision, I have chosen to put JQuery at the heart of my strategy since its ecosystem of plugins and users is more larger than the universe itself..

Best Regards
Lamine

Back to the top