Re: [orion-dev] Needed: 10 minute talks for an Orion Symposium at EclipseCon North America

Thanks for the details Mamadou!

Will you be at EclipseCon? If not I will certainly use you as an example of adoption, but if you're there you're welcome to a spot in the symposium.

Ken Walker
Co-Lead Eclipse Orion Project | Tools for the Web, On the Web
http://orionhub.org | http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion

Inactive hide details for lamine ---2012/11/13 02:42:53 PM---Hi, Since I'm one of the early adopters of Orion, I think it wouldlamine ---2012/11/13 02:42:53 PM---Hi, Since I'm one of the early adopters of Orion, I think it would be judicious if I can share with

lamine <laminba2003@xxxxxxxx>

Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

2012/11/13 02:42 PM

Re: [orion-dev] Needed: 10 minute talks for an Orion Symposium at EclipseCon North America

    Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Since I'm one of the early adopters of Orion, I think it would be judicious if I can share with you in a few words the rationale behind why I have embedded your editor into my Java web application. The concept I'm currently developing is simple : Your Java web application is also your IDE of course if you have the right back-end modules (/admin/*) to transform it into that and the Eclipse IDE is really my model. Also everything has been made possible by the fact that I have also created a web framework on top of the Java Server Faces web framework . And it was not too difficult to achieve since I'm a member of the JCP and also a member of the JSF 2.2 Expert group (
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=344 ) but before resigning. I strongly believe that _javascript_ on the Client-Side + Restful services on the Server-Side is ultimately the right direction for us. But do they give us a way to encapsulate and share our work into a reusable component? Is it possible to use Orion, ACE, CodeMirror and such without worrying about the details and with just the use of one tag in a web page like this: <c:fileEditor folder="resources/js"/>

Here is a brief introduction of the Components of my System :

- Multi-Templating System

Like the Joomla Content Management System , I have a multi-templating system to make a web application change its look and feel at runtime. Just Preview and select one...

1)
http://youcontrol.lamine.cloudbees.net/faces/admin/templates/

- Modular System ( Divide to Conquer )

2)
http://youcontrol.lamine.cloudbees.net/faces/admin/modules/

- Editors

3)
http://youcontrol.lamine.cloudbees.net/faces/admin/editors/

- Plugins

Common Integration with JSLint, Beautify, CSSLint......for all of my source code editors.

4)
http://youcontrol.lamine.cloudbees.net/faces/admin/plugins/

Any of my Components are usable remotely from my upcoming platform, something like Eclipse Market Place where you can create or edit them directly in the Cloud....

Best Regards
Mamadou Lamine Ba