Re: [orion-dev] Re-verify any changes in git since Friday

Sorry, Gmail ate my image. Here's the picture of what I got after pulling:

Inline image 1

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:48 PM, Mark Macdonald <mamacdon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just did a git pull, checked the log, and found this:

The top commit is a merge, which surprised me: I had no unpushed commits, so I expected to be fast-forwarded.
Looking at the parents of the merge, the first parent is something I pushed a few hours ago:

commit dac947baeeec14506254a7f1791ae60b858b07bc
Author: Mark Macdonald <mamacdon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Tue Jul 24 16:32:46 2012 -0400
    Bump version # to 1.0

The second parent is this, which Susan pushed later:

commit 659c940462600a768db06c21c48a555a093af344
Author: sfranklin <susan_franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Tue Jul 24 17:07:11 2012 -0400
    remove unnecessary slash from "Raw" URL

Her commit is now on top of remotes/origin/master, and mine doesn't appear under remotes/origin/master at all: hers blew mine away.

Normally Orion would've prevented Susan from pushing this until she merged, but apparently it went ahead and pushed anyway. So maybe this is a bug in our git tooling. I'm not sure why eclipse.org is accepting these non-fastforwarded pushes though.

Mark