[orion-dev] click click click click, once is enough already

On git-clone. html there is list of projects each having branches and
remotes and remotes having multiple.  To prepare for action on this UI
we have to click 4 twisties open. That's really tedious and time
consuming, just to get the the point where can start trying stuff.
Further more even at this point the UI is hidden and we have to walk
the mouse over each line to get the prompts.

I wonder if organizing the remotes under the branches would work
better for most users:

outliner
   gh-pages
      origin/gh-pages (https://johnjbarton@xxxxxxxxxx/johnjbarton/outliner.git)
   master
      origin/master (https://johnjbarton@xxxxxxxxxx/johnjbarton/outliner.git)

Then we don't need "Branches" or "Remotes" here, the icons and level
and perhaps tooltip to the job. Then the fetch/push/pull work is
together by branch. Instantly double the speed of the UI.

The result of Fetch ought to include info on the distance between
branches and remotes directly on the branch UI.

jjb

Back to the top