[orion-dev] Orion Summit, March 17/18, Santa Clara, CA

The planning for an Orion Summit has become more concrete. It will be held on Thursday/Friday March 17th/18th in California. See below for more detailed information about logistics.

The reason for the summit is bring together individuals and organizations that are interested in the future of the Orion open source project. The goal of the summit is to produce a project proposal to formally start a dedicated project for Orion at eclipse.org. This project proposal will determine the scope of the project, and the list of initial committers.

With the new date (just before EclipseCon) and location (Silicon Valley), we are trying to ensure the broadest possible participation. A lot of the people that we would like to have show up either work on the U.S. West Coast, or are already part of the Eclipse community and are likely to travel to EclipseCon around that time anyway.

We'll start on Thursday March 17th at 1 p.m and end on Friday March 18th at 4 p.m. I would like to use the first day for brainstorming, initial technical discussions and questions, but also for getting to know each other and socializing. Plan on spending the evening with us if you can. On the second day, we should work on getting consensus on scope and direction for Orion, and talk about short-term, medium-term, and long-term plans for the project.

The exact location depends on how many people sign up and hasn't been arranged yet. It will be somewhere near Mountain View/Santa Clara, CA.

Please add yourself to the wiki page if you would like to attend, so that we can gauge interest and reserve meeting space: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Planning_Meeting

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Thanks,
Boris