--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/

On Jan 16, 2023, at 23:26, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Gunnar,

In that case the Eclipse Orbit project should just "adopt" the EBR project until the Orbit project is archived itself at some point in the future. If you would like to restructure EBR so that it is part of the Orbit project instead of doing a termination review that would be fine with me.

With a critical change having happened to EBR within the last 6 months I think it is still critical that we have a way to build/update it as long as Orbit is alive.

Jonah
~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders
www.kichwacoders.com

On Mon, 16 Jan 2023 at 13:00, Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jan 16, 2023, at 18:39, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Therefor, I am proposing to sunset the EBR project. Thoughts? Comments?

-1 from me - but I say that as a representative of a consumer of EBR, i.e. Orbit. I have no vote on the EBR project itself so I guess we can continue to use the 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT as long as that is not deleted. There are still numerous bundles in Orbit that are still updated on a semi-regular basis that are not OSGi on Maven Central. Top of mind is how we repackage Apache Ant.

Perhaps one clarification: the proposal is not to eliminate the existing source code. It would be archived. If Orbit wants (needs) to continue using the plug-in it probably makes a lot of sense to move it into Orbit.

-Gunnar