Re: [orbit-dev] Retiring EBR

On Jan 16, 2023, at 18:39, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Therefor, I am proposing to sunset the EBR project. Thoughts? Comments?

-1 from me - but I say that as a representative of a consumer of EBR, i.e. Orbit. I have no vote on the EBR project itself so I guess we can continue to use the 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT as long as that is not deleted. There are still numerous bundles in Orbit that are still updated on a semi-regular basis that are not OSGi on Maven Central. Top of mind is how we repackage Apache Ant.

Perhaps one clarification: the proposal is not to eliminate the existing source code. It would be archived. If Orbit wants (needs) to continue using the plug-in it probably makes a lot of sense to move it into Orbit.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/