[orbit-dev] macOS Native libjnidispatch.jnilib in com.sun.jna_* jars not codesigned

Hi,

We sent our product (based on Eclipse 4.18) to Apple Notarization service and it failed with the following errors for this native library: plugins/com.sun.jna_4.5.1.v20190425-1842.jar/com/sun/jna/darwin/libjnidispatch.jnilib

- The binary is not signed.
- The signature does not include a secure timestamp.

Shouldn't this dependency be codesigned in Orbit?
Should I open a bug?

What is odd is that Eclipse 4.19 seems to be notarized but verifying this lib on the shipped jar we could see that it is not codesigned. I have no other explanation than it is a recent requirement from Apple. If that is the case maybe the notarization of Eclipse 4.20 would face the same issue.

$ cat Eclipse.app/Contents/Eclipse/.eclipseproduct
name=Eclipse Platform
id=org.eclipse.platform
version=4.19.0

$ spctl -a -vvv -t install Eclipse.app
Eclipse.app: accepted
source=Notarized Developer ID
origin=Developer ID Application: Eclipse Foundation, Inc. (JCDTMS22B4)

$ jar xf Eclipse.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/com.sun.jna_4.5.1.v20190425-1842.jar com/sun/jna/darwin/libjnidispatch.jnilib

$ codesign -vvv --display --deep --strict com/sun/jna/darwin/libjnidispatch.jnilib
com/sun/jna/darwin/libjnidispatch.jnilib: code object is not signed at all

If needed I can provide expected output and full error json provided by the Apple Notarization service.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Back to the top