Re: [orbit-dev] Why are org.eclipse.ogi-Bundles in the p2 orbit repository

I think this was the case years ago when OSGi did not always have the required libraries available for us to compile against in maven central.  Now everything should be available in maven central to allow us to get off of compiling against org.eclipse.osgi stuff.

Tom

----- Original message -----
From: Roland Grunberg <rgrunber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "orbit-dev" <orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [orbit-dev] Why are org.eclipse.ogi-Bundles in the p2 orbit repository
Date: Fri, Jan 22, 2021 8:47 AM

On Fri, 2021-01-22 at 11:13 +0100, Tom Schindl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I came across a build problem in efxclipse caused by the fact that we
> have referenced the Orbit-Repository in our tycho build and produced
> feature.xmls with invalid version ranges.
>
> Can someone help me understand why the Orbit-Repository contains:
> * org.eclipse.osgi.services
> * org.eclipse.osgi.util
> * org.eclipse.osgi
>
> I think delivering Eclipse.org artifacts is not the job of the Orbit
> project.

We build some content that depends on these (eg. apache-felix-scr), so
at least for certain parts of resolution, (ie. feature generation) they
need to be in the target platform. I'll have a look at if there's a
easy way to exclude them from the categories. They were never intended
to be consumed.

--
Roland Grunberg