Re: [orbit-dev] Why are org.eclipse.ogi-Bundles in the p2 orbit repository

On Fri, 2021-01-22 at 11:13 +0100, Tom Schindl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I came across a build problem in efxclipse caused by the fact that we
> have referenced the Orbit-Repository in our tycho build and produced
> feature.xmls with invalid version ranges.
>
> Can someone help me understand why the Orbit-Repository contains:
> * org.eclipse.osgi.services
> * org.eclipse.osgi.util
> * org.eclipse.osgi
>
> I think delivering Eclipse.org artifacts is not the job of the Orbit
> project.

We build some content that depends on these (eg. apache-felix-scr), so
at least for certain parts of resolution, (ie. feature generation) they
need to be in the target platform. I'll have a look at if there's a
easy way to exclude them from the categories. They were never intended
to be consumed.

--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top