RE: [orbit-dev] Slf4j into Orbit

Hi Thomas,

Getting your slf4j bundle into Orbit seems like a great idea,
especially taking into account that you have already mastered
a roadblock that everyone was likely to run into!

I'm wondering what kinds of org.slf4j.impl implementations
you have already finished for Buckminster?

Also, I'm not sure I understand what you say about the extension
point. given that slf4j is quite low-level, doesn't that
introduce an unwanted dependency on the Eclipse plugin
registry? Would it make sense to consider using an OSGi
Service instead? [haven't done that myself so far, though].

My other thought is, is the circular dependency really a problem
for a user of the pre-built binary slf4j? I'd think that when
I have a circular dependency, and one part of the circle is
already built, fixed and unchangeable, the circle should break
by itself since it always ends at the pre-built item?

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm