Re: [orbit-dev] Using the built-in Jetty plug-in of Eclipse

Hi Gautham,

In the Eclipse SDK Help/User Assistance is using Jetty, so you might want
to take at what extensions they're using in their plugin.xml.

What's provided is an implementation of the OSGi Http Service. You can find
a bit more information on the Equinox site here.
http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/server

If you want to use the "servlets" and "resources" extensions registering
your web resources is very similar to doing so with a "web.xml".

The base requirements for just the Jetty Http Service are:
org.eclipse.osgi
org.eclipse.osgi.services
org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet
org.mortbay.jetty
org.apache.commons.logging
javax.servlet (2.4)

Assuming you're using the extensions your further dependencies would be as
follows:
org.eclipse.equinox.common
org.eclipse.equinox.registry
org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry

If you also need JSP support would be:
org.eclipse.equinox.jsp.jasper
org.eclipse.equinox.jsp.registry (If using the extensions in
org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry)
org.apache.jasper
org.apache.commons.el
javax.servlet.jsp (2.0)

Note: If you're building on top of the Eclipse SDK all of these bundles are
already included.

If you have usage questions about either the Http Service or the Http
Registry extension points you should ask in the Equinox news group (see
http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/resources.php)

HTH
-Simon