Re: Didn't Build for Me [Re: [orbit-dev] Orbit Build process ready for review and contributions]

Perfect. even the directions of "... so if you do not see an updated build on the committers area within an hour and a half, please contact one of the Orbit release engineers " must
have been pretty clear :)

From what I can see, you did everything just right, and discovered a silly error in the cruise control scripts ... I'm so used to "head", I forgot to tell it to detect change on branches too.
I've fixed the script and "manually" started a new build, so you don't have to wait any longer than needed.
But, I almost hope you notice something small you want to change, re-release to 'set1', and _then_ we'll see if my fix for auto-build actually works!
If not ... I'm sure there will be more opportunities soon.

Keep'm comin'

Christian Damus <cdamus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/25/2007 03:01 PM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Didn't Build for Me [Re: [orbit-dev] Orbit Build process ready for        review and contributions]

Hi, David,

I followed the (very clear and easy) steps that you set out in the Wiki for releasing new bundles into the build.  I added the Apache Batik bundles to the 'set1' feature and released with the v200701251713 label (using UTC time as you indicated).  It's now a few hours since then and the Orbit build daemon hasn't built it, yet.

What have I done wrong?  The CruiseControl seems to be healthy; it produced a build early this morning and updates its "waiting since" status every hour.

TIA,

Christian

Christian W. Damus
Component Lead, Eclipse