Hello everyone! (if somebody is here)
I have several questions related to OpenJ9, but apart from Github
issues and this mailing list I wasn't able to find another place
1) does OpenJ9 support JMX for monitoring purposes? I've tried to
enable them the same way as Oracle's one, but it doesn't listen on
2) with -Xgcpolicy:metronome and heap >25Gb I get this message:
Selected VM [default] does not exist.
Is it expected behavior? Metronome GC doesn't support heaps larger
3) what's the best GC option for low latency apps? Does do not say
this directly, but is it Metronome? Are there any flags than can
further reduce GC pauses? -Xrealtime doesn't work, is it
unavailable completely or it's a part of some subscription?
4) is it possible to list the available flags? Documentation is
quite limited, I wasn't able to find out a comprehensive list with
5) how to rotate GC logs? are the flags -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation
-XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=100 -XX:GCLogFileSize=100M supported? Does
OpenJ9 accept a signal to flush the logs?
Thanks in advance.
Btw, is there any IRC chat or something similar available for